Instructions for Use
What is Aquapura Water Purification Tablets
Aquapura is a name synonymous throughout India & 30 Countries worldwide for providing economically safe & germ free water for drinking & multipurpose applications.
It contains NSF Certified WHO-EPA approved active ingredient Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate NaDCC.
Aquapura Water Purification Tablets are effervescent i.e. the tablet dissolves clear within minutes and disinfects the water within 30 minutes. These effervescent tablets kill micro- organisms in water to prevent cholera, typhoid, dysentery and other water borne diseases.
Benefits of using Aquapura Water Purification Tablets:
- Aquapura’s active ingredient NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate is Non Toxic and has been approved by WHO (World Health Organization) as “fit for prolonged human consumption” since 2003.
- Proven to be effective against virtually all known Water Borne Diseases
- Safe & Compact to handle, store, and transport – no spillages or leaks.
- Economic & Accurate – no under or over dosing.
- More Environmental Friendly than alternative disinfectants. Totally biodegradable.
- No unpleasant taste, odour or colour.
- Safe and stable tablets. Sealed in durable packs marked with Batch Number; Manufacturing Date and 3-5 Years Expiry date.
- Does not require boiling of water.
- Total bactericidal action (Eliminates 99.9% of microorganisms).
Refer to the label on Aquapura package to ensure the volume of water that the tablet is capable of treating at specific dosage level for drinking or any other desired application.
Remove the tablet from the plastic container packaging and add to water. Ensure that the tablet is completely dissolved/dispersed. Wait for 30 minutes for the disinfection/purification to work and then the water is safe to consume or use. Do not swallow the tablet in any circumstances.
1.) For Purification & Disinfection of Water in Household, Work Place etc for Drinking and other applications:
Aquapura Hygiene Tablets
Aquapura-Hygiene Tablets should be used with clean / clear water. If the water to be treated is being consumed from a known source (such as with a household/workplace tap water supply), then one tablet of Aquapura-Hygiene should used to treat 10 Litres of Clear Water. In all other situations, where the source of water is unknown or doubtful (such as with pond/lake water etc.) then 2 Tablets of Aquapura-Hygiene should be used to treat 10 Litres of Clear Water.
How to Use:
- Add 1 Tablet of Aquapura-Hygiene in 10 Litres of Clear Water
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Consume or Use the Water thereafter for intended application.
- Incase contamination level of water is high or source of water is unknown, then add 2 Tablets of Aquapura-Hygiene in 10 Litres of Clear Water.
- If the water to be treated is dirty/murky /turbid/muddy then it should be firstly filtered through a cloth such as a t-shirt/filter cloth until it is clear or allowed to sit until the sediment settles down. The cloth filtered/decanted clear water should then be disinfected with Aquapura-Hygiene Tablets (2 Tablets per 10 Litres of Water)
- Aquapura-Hygiene Tablets are also available in other strengths to treat 1 Litre / 5 Litres / 10 Litres / 20 Litres / 50 Litres / 100 Litres / 250 Litres / 500 Litres / 1000 Litres / 2500 Litres of Water per Tablet.
Aquapura Travelsafe Tablets
1 (One) Tablet of Aquapura-Travelsafe Tablet is used for Disinfection of 1 (One) Litre of Clear Water. Aquapura-Travelsafe tablet can be used for treatment where the source of water is unknown or doubtful (such as with pond/lake water etc.)
How to Use:
- Add 1 Tablet of Aquapura-Travelsafe in 1 Litre of Clear Water.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Consume or Use the water thereafter for intended application.
- If the water to be treated is dirty/murky /turbid/muddy then it should be firstly filtered through a cloth such as a t-shirt/filter cloth until it is clear or allowed to sit until the sediment settles down. The decanted clear water should then be disinfected with Aquapura-Travelsafe Tablet (1 Tablet per 1 Litre of Water)
- Aquapura-Travelsafe Tablets are also available in other strengths to treat 1 Litre / 5 Litres / 10 Litres / 20 Litres / 50 Litres / 100 Litres / 250 Litres / 500 Litres / 1000 Litres / 2500 Litres of Water per Tablet.
3.) For Fruits, Vegetables, Food, Catering & Kitchen Environment / Equipment / Surface Disinfection
(A) For Fruit & Vegetable Disinfection
Aquapura Foodsafe Tablets
1 Tablet of Aquapura-Foodsafe is needed to prepare 5 Litres of Concentrated Solution that will be used for washing fruits & vegetables. The Concentrated Solution is used for washing fresh fruits & vegetables making them safe for consumption by killing micro-organisms such as Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella Spp. and Escherichia coli, Campylacter jejuni, Straphylococcus aureus, Shigella spp, Cyclospora.
How to Use:
- Wash/Rinse the fresh produce / raw non peelable fruits / vegetables with Potable or Clear Water to remove as much dirt and foreign matter from them (brush or wash).
- Add 1 Tablet of Aquapura-Foodsafe in 5 Litres of Clear Water to prepare sterilizing Foodsafe Solution. Wait for the tablet to dissolve completely in water.
- Immerse the Fresh Produce / Non Peelable Fruits / Vegetables in Foodsafe Solution for 10-15 minutes
- After disinfection, remove the produce from treated water and rinse well with potable water before consumption.
- If fruits/vegetables are meant to be stored for more than 24 hours after washing with Aquapura-Foodsafe, then 2 tablets are recommended for long lasting effect.
(B) For Disinfection of Kitchen Surface, Walls, Floor, Tiles, Glassware, Equipments, Utensils, Crockery, Cutlery, Cloth & Mops
2 Tablets of Aquapura-Foodsafe is needed to prepare 5 Litres of Concentrated Solution that will be used for multipurpose disinfection in and around kitchen area and of kitchenware, crockery, cutlery.
How to Use:
- Wash/Rinse/Mop the desired area or kitchenware with potable water to remove as much dirt or foreign matter.
- Add 2 Tablet of Aquapura-Foodsafe in 5 Litres of Clear Water to prepare disinfecting solution. Wait for the tablet to dissolve completely in water.
- Use the treated water to disinfect Kitchen Surface, Walls, Floor, Tiles, Glassware, Equipments, Utensils, Crockery, Cutlery by spraying or mopping.
- Rinse again with Potable Water if required.
Aquapura Tanksafe Tablets
Aquapura Tanksafe Tablets is used to disinfect 500 Litres of Clear Water (Per Tablet) in Overhead Storage Tanks or Underground Storage Tanks.
Incase the contamination level of Water is high, use 2 Tablets of Aquapura-Tanksafe Tablets to treat 500 Litres of Clear Water.
How To Use:
- Add 1 Tablet of Aquapura-Tanksafe per 500 Litres of Water in Overhead /Underground Water Storage Tanks.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- The treated water can now be used for all intended applications.
- Use 2 Tablets incase contamination level of water is high.
- Repeat the process twice in a week.
Aquapura-Babysafe Tablets sterilizes baby bottle & feeding equipment in just 30 minutes killing bacteria, viruses, fungi and spores quickly and safely.
How to Use:
- After each feed, thoroughly wash and rinse all feeding equipment with drinking water ensuring all traces of milk are removed.
- Add 1 Tablet of Aquapura-Babysafe in 2.5 Litres of Clear/Clean Normal Water. Stir the solution until the tablets dissolve completely. Solution can be prepared in cold or luke warm water.
- Dip/Immerse all items in Aquapura-Babysafe Solution and keep them dipped/submerged for atleast 30 minutes.
- At feed time, use clean hands to take items out of the solution. Give each item a shake as you take it out or drain/rinse the submerged item with cooled freshly boiled water (if you prefer) or same water used for food and drinking. Ensure that there is no aquapura residual solution before pouring feeding item in the bottle. Shake off any excess solution and use immediately. Ensure that no trapped air bubbles remain in the bottles, teats, or utensils. Fill the bottle immediately with the food. Wash hands thoroughly after contact with the solution
- The made-up solution is active for 24 hours so you can continue to dip/immerse items in the solution and take them out when you are ready to use them throughout the day. Make up a fresh solution every 24 hours, after washing container in warm water and detergent. Do not splash the solution.
- Use the treated solution for sterilization & disinfection of baby bottle and all baby feeding equipment including feeding utensils, bottles, teats, dummies, teething rings, toys, breast pump parts, plastic cutlery, soothers, plastic feeding spoons, weaning bowls, milk storage containers, non metallic surfaces.
Multipurpose Uses and Applications of Aquapura Water Disinfection Tablets:
Drinking Water Purification, Household-Point of Use, Life Long Household Water Treatment, Quick Treatment of Water, Hospital/Dispensary Disinfection, Baby Bottle Sterilization, Food & Catering Industry, Fruit and Vegetable Disinfection, Disinfection of Kitchen & Food Prepration Surfaces/Floors/Walls, Disinfection of Laundry, Disinfection of Water for Farm/Agriculture & Poultry, Treatment of Water in Fast Food Joints, During Vacations & Holidays, Camping & Hiking, Restaurants, Hotels, Mobile Eateries, Hill Stations, Army Camps, Factory and Industrial Units, Shops & Showrooms, Water Carts, Traveling, Camping, Touring, Outdoor Sport, Boating/Yachting/Other Marine Uses, Overhead/Underground Water Storage Tank Disinfection, Disinfection of Water System, Wells/Tube Wells, Main Pipes Disinfection, Emergency Preparedness, Natural Disasters/Calamities, Humanitarian Aid, Survival Kits, First Aid Kits, Peace Keeping/Defence Forces, NGO’s, Relief Organizations, Hilly & Sandy Regions, Social Gatherings, Washing of Adult Diapers/Baby Diapers/Underpads, Washing of Clothes/Hospital Uniforms, Surface Disinfection, Floor Disinfection, Washing of Cutlery/Crockery/Utensils.
Dosage Chart Technical:
- Aquapura Hygiene Tablets (1 Tablet for 10 Litres of Water at 2 PPM)
- Aquapura Travelsafe Tablets (1 Tablet for 1 Litre of Water at 5 PPM)
- (A) Aquapura-Foodsafe Tablets for Disinfection of Fruits and Vegetables (1 Tablet for preparing 5 Litres of concentrated solution at 50 PPM)
- (B) Aquapura-Foodsafe Tablets For Disinfection of Kitchen Surface, Walls, Floor, Tiles, Glassware, Equipments, Utensils, Crockery, Cutlery, Cloth & Mops (2 Tablets for preparing 5 Litres of concentrated solution at 100 PPM)
- Aquapura-Tanksafe (1 Tablet per 500 Litres of Water at 2 PPM)
- Aquapura-Babysafe (1 Tablet for preparing 2.5 Litres of concentrated solution at 100 PPM)
What is the ingredient used in Aquapura Water Purification Tablets?
Aquapura's active ingredient is used in 67 countries for water purification. The World Health Organization, Red Cross and The Bureau of India Standards have recommended Aquapura's Active Ingredient for the purpose of water purification. It is used by almost all state-governments in India for water purification.
Does the active ingredient of Aquapura meet any sort of certification:
Yes, Aquapura's Active Ingredient is one of the few water purification ingredients in the market today which is certified to NSF / ANSI 60. It is also US Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) approved. It also conform to WHO Specification (The New Emergency Health Kit 98), United Nations Development Programme (UNCCS Code 356461), International Red Cross Society (Standard Specifications for Water and Sanitation) and Red Crescent Movement specification (Code: Type 21.1), Oxfam Agency, The European Standard(en) For Chemicals Use For Water Intended for Human Consumption (Code-EN 12931:2000), UNICEF specification (Codes: S1588350 / S158355 / S15350 / S 0003245), The German Drinking Water Regulations, The U.K. Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and Regions (In accordance with The Water Supply / Water Quality Regulations 1989 No. 1147, under Regulation 25 (1) A for disinfection of water and water supply system), The French High Council for Public Health & Ministry of Employment and Solidarity, and NATO Stock Number (NSN) 6850-99-225-1833).
How does Aquapura Work?
Each Aquapura Tablet contains a measured dose of its ingredients. When added to water, Aquapura dissolves to release a measured dose of water purifier that is universally recognized as a safe and effective water disinfectant.
How do I use Aquapura Tablets for Water Purification?
Aquapura tablets are the most Easy to use. Just add one tablet in recommended volume of water as per the strength of the tablet, wait for 30 minutes, and the water is safe to consume or use for intended application.
Does the Aquapura tablet need to be stirred after it is added into the water?
No. There is no need to stir the Aquapura tablet after it is added into the water. The tablet dissolves in the water in less than 10 minutes and the water becomes germ-free and safe to use after 30 minutes.
Do Aquapura Water Purification Tablets colour the water or leave a taste?
Aquapura Water Purification Tablets will not colour the water or leave an unpleasant taste.
What are the various Water borne diseases that can be curbed with the use of Aquapura?
Aquapura prevents all communicable water borne disease. These include: Jaundice, Diarrhea, Dysentery, Cholera, Giardia, Infantile Diarrhea caused by Rota Virus. Aquapura even helps avoid all Gram Positive and Gram Negative Bacteria, Virus, and Fungi. In addition, Aquapura destroys biofilms that are found on pots, vessels and tanks, a major source of e.coli bacteria.
What do I do if I have swallowed Aquapura?
Drink plenty of Milk or Water. Although Aquapura Water Purification Tablets are non-toxic, always seek medical advise immediately incase of such matters from medical practitioner or doctor.
How do we confirm the expiry date of Aquapura Water Purification Tablets?
Aquapura Tablets are marked with both BN #, Manufacturing Date and 3 Years Expiry Date
What precautions are recommended when using Aquapura Tablets?
The following general precautions are recommended when using Aquapura Tablets:
- Keep the tablets out of reach of children.
- Do not swallow the tablets.
- Do not mix with other products.
- Store the package & tablets in a cool, dry place
- If tablets are swallowed, drink milk, seek medical advice immediately & show outside packaging.
Can Aquapura Tablets be used on a long-term basis?
Yes, Aquapura Tablets can be used on a long term basis as they produce extremely safe levels of freely available chlorine that are comparable to those levels found in municipal tap water.
Is Aquapura a Medicine?
Aquapura Tablets are not Medicine. They are not meant for oral consumption and not meant to be swallowed. Aquapura Tablets produce extremely safe levels of freely available chlorine that are comparable to those levels found in municipal tap water. Hence they are safe to use even on a long term or permanent basis.
Can Aquapura Tablets cause Allergic reactions?
If used in the recommended dosage, Aquapura is very unlikely to cause any kind of allergic reactions. Aquapura should not be used by persons who are hypersensitive and/or inherently allergic to chlorine products. However, Akron Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. or Brand Aquapura take no responsibility of any allergic reaction caused to any individual after using Aquapura Tablets for any application.
Can Aquapura Water Purification Tablets be used in cloudy or extremely dirty water with high levels of organic matter and turbidity?
The more sediment and/or organic matter within the water to be treated, the more chances that bacteria, viruses and cysts will be able to “hide” from the Aquapura Tablet Solution. As excessive amounts of disinfectant react with the sediment and/or organic matter, there may not be enough disinfectant to deactivate important contaminants such as bacteria and viruses. All water to be treated with Aquapura Water Purification Tablets should be clear. Filtering suspect water through a t-shirt or filter cloth is needed.
Is Treatment of Water with Aquapura Tablets better than Boiling of Water:
Boiling water is an unsure, environmentally damaging & much more expensive method of treating water than Aquapura Tablets. Unlike water treated with Aquapura Tablets, cooled boiled water has no residual disinfectant and can be easily recontaminated.
Water needs to be boiled for a very considerable time in order to kill all potential pathogens, germs and this is very difficult to achieve. The fuel needed to boil water properly or bring it to a rolling boil may cost more than Aquapura Tablets and long-term use can damage the environment.
Also, the time period in which the water borne diseases casing bacteria and germs will grow again in boiled water is uncertain.
Is Aqupura a better method of water purification than common electric water purification systems?
Yes. Aquapura is better than common electric water purification systems for these reasons:
- Water purification systems work on electricity, filtration membrane and/or ultraviolet light. The ability to kill germs via these systems is on running water and not on stored water.
- Stored water has chances of becoming contaminated once again after filtration, due to Biofilms in the container vessel – therefore the use of Aquapura is recommended for disinfection & purification at point of usage for utmost safety.
- Over a period of time the ultra violet bulb loses its photon power like any another bulb. This will reduce the efficacy of the system.
- The ultra filter in an electric water purification system gets clogged over period of time. This clog will have biofilms and readily produce bacteria.
- These issues require periodic checks in the purification system, which rarely happens. Surveys show that once installed most people do not care for maintenance. This is a major reason people suffer from sore throat and diarrhea in spite of using such water purification systems.
The information herein is based on data considered to be accurate as on the date of preparation of the Instruction and Information Sheet on Aquapura Water Purification Tablets and is solely intended to guide/inform regarding aspects of usage, applications, benefits, appropriate precautionary handling of Aquapura Water Purification Tablets. However, no warranty/guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the foregoing data and safety information by Tonicaqua Labs Pvt. Ltd. & Akron Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. It is the responsibility of the user to test whether the product is suitable for the purpose intended by the user. The user assumes all liability for any damage or injury resulting from abnormal use, from any failure to adhere to recommended practices or from any hazards inherent in the nature of the product. It does not represent any guarantee of the properties of the product. Aquapura Water Purification Tablets are Non-Medicinal and Not meant for Oral Use/Comsumption. Tonicaqua Labs Pvt. Ltd. & Akron Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. and its Affiliates shall not be held liable for any damage resulting from handling or from contact with the above product.